COURSE OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
General Education Objectives: In compliance with the college's general education competencies, this course includes learning activities designed to build competency in the areas of quantitative reasoning, civic responsibility, information literacy and communication.
Therefore, upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify major advances in air and space travel.
- Describe advances in air and space travel and how they changed human perceptions of earth and its systems.
- Describe how views of earth from space, combined with new technologies, have changed how earth systems such as weather and climate are studied and predicted.
- Describe the "Overview Effect".
- Identify several professions that involve the study of earth from space.